Posted in: IncontinenceUK News
Staying Confident with IncontinenceUrinary incontinence (UI) can have a huge effect on all aspects of your life – on your social life, your working life, your sex life and your mental wellbeing but as with most things which affect your confidence – some simple lifestyle changes can play a big part in helping you deal with the condition. Here are five useful tips to help put you on the right track to living comfortably and confidently:
- Speak with a doctor to see what your options are. Based on the cause of your symptoms, there may be restorative therapy that can help strengthen the muscles that control your bladder.
- Talk to your friends and family. Sharing the experience with those you trust may alleviate some of the tension around dealing with it on your own. You may be surprised at how supportive a community can be.
- Get to know those in your community who experience similar symptoms. Knowing you aren’t alone in your experience can be comforting. You can often learn a lot from other people’s experiences and perhaps provide insights of your own.
- Find a quality incontinence product to give you support and confidence. Leading brand Depend, for example, offers a range of discreet products for both men and women that fit different needs.
- Take a look at your whole body health. Restarting healthy habits, such as exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy weight, can help manage the symptoms.