If you are struggling with incontinence and have bladder weakness at night don’t worry as we have put together this useful guide to help you retrain your bladder and ensure you get a better night’s sleep.
- Some drinks can irritate your bladder – Avoid drinking things which irritate the lining of the bladder such as alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee, especially the high caffeine, sugar and carbonated energy drinks. Water is best.
- Retrain your bladder and be the boss again - Holding off going to the toilet and increasing the time between bathroom trips can eventually strengthen the bladder and increase its capacity.
- Is stress getting to you? Find ways to relax and reducing the stress in your life will have benefits all round not just on your bladder.
- Be aware of infections – a urinary infection can also lead to bladder weakness at night and can cause pain or a burning sensation when urinating. If symptoms continue then visit your doctor for medication.
- Late night drinking – It’s important to drink that’s true, but be aware of how much you drink in the last two hours before you go to bed. Don’t cut down on your fluid intake, just distribute it more evenly throughout the day.
At Incontinence UK we realise that both men and women with bladder weakness may have different needs during the day than at night. Our night incontinence pads range is specifically designed to provide the right support to keep you dry all night.
These night shaped incontinence insert pads are for heavy to severe incontinence and are widely recommended by healthcare professionals, including the NHS. The anatomic shape ensures comfort and standing cuffs prevent leakage. Price £12.99
These Lille Supreme Form Large Shaped Incontinence Pads are for moderate to severe incontinence problems. Durable, discreet with non-rustle polyethylene backing. Price £8.9
TENA Slip Ultima offers the highest and maximum protection of the TENA Slip All in One Incontinence briefs – 10% more absorbent than TENA Slip Maxi. The slightly longer product core secures faster acquisition speed and enhanced urine retention, reducing the risk of leakages for those who require higher absorbencies – suitable for severe incontinence and night time use. Price £18.99
We have many incontinence products available suitable for both day and night including a range of disposable and washable incontinence bed products so please visit our website to order online or call us on 0800 068 3625 for more information.
Incontinence UK Team