This week is Dementia Action Week, (21st – 27th May) and the Alzheimer’s Society is asking everyone across the UK to unite against this terrible disease and to take action. Whether big or small, actions can make everyday life better for people affected by dementia.
There are many ways you can take action and get involved including:
- Support people with dementia by doing one of the following actions and update on your social media #DAW2018
- I will be there for carers and loved ones and stay patient
- I will talk to people with dementia and take time to listen
- I will ask if someone needs help if they look confused
- I will ask questions and learn more about dementia
- Become a Dementia Friend – join the 2.4 million people already helping to make the UK more dementia friendly
- Join an event near you – from tea dances to Dementia Friend Information Sessions search for events in your area.
- Make a donation and help fund research and support into this disease.
There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. This will soar to 2 million by 2051. 225,000 will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes. 1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have dementia.
From many of our existing customer’s stories; we know people with dementia can experience difficulties with using the toilet and accidents and incontinence can be problems particularly as the condition progresses. At Incontinence UK we have everything that you need for dementia and incontinence.
Incontinence Pull Up Pants (Pull Up Adult Nappies) work just like normal underwear and are best suited for active people with moderate to heavy incontinence who are looking for more convenient and disposable incontinence products.
Washable and Re-usable pants – If you have the facility to wash re-usable incontinence products then washable incontinence pants can work out to be a more cost effective option than disposable incontinence products.
Finally we know that dementia and incontinence problems can be upsetting for the person and the family around them. Therefore if you need advice about incontinence products then do take a look at our website or you can call us in confidence on 0800 068 3625.
Incontinence UK Team